Our aim is to ensure every pupil has the opportunity to enjoy school, and achieve as much as they can from their school experience. There is clear evidence of a link between poor attendance at school and low levels of achievement. At St Bede's we want every child to come to school every day.
Good attendance at school is the single most important factor in ensuring that children and young people have the best opportunities in adult life.
- If a child's absence is below 90% we will contact you to see how we can help with your child's attendance.
- When a child is poorly please telephone school, to inform us on the first day of absence before 10 a.m. If we do not receive a call we will contact you to enquire as to why the child is absent.
- If a child has sickness or diarrhoea they must stay away from school for 48 hours.
Remember if your child is not in school:
· they may be absent without your knowledge
· they may be at risk
· they are missing out on their education
· if your child misses two weeks of school every year, it will mean they miss more than half a year of their education by the time they leave school
Medication in School
We are able to administer medicine that has been prescribed by a doctor, if it is to be given four times a day to the child.
The medicine must have a printed label on it with the child's name and details.
Parents/carers must bring the medicine to the school office and complete a permission form. The medicine must be collected by an adult at the end of the school day. For safeguarding purposes children are not allowed to carry creams and medicines in their bags.