Consultation on Academy Status
- Our Lady Queen of Peace RC Primary School, Houghton-le-Spring
- St Anne's Catholic Primary School, Gateshead
- St Bede's RC Primary School, Washington
- St John Boste RC Primary School, Washington
- St Joseph's RC Primary Schoo1, Washington
- St Michael's RC Primary School, Houghton-le-Spring
- St Robert of Newminster Catholic School and Sixth Form College Washington
The Governing Body's priority remains to enable the school to continue to provide an excellent education for our children, whilst continuing to be at the heart of our
community. For some time now, the Governing Bodies of each school mentioned above have been exploring the possibility of converting to academy status, as we believe our successful approach to partnership working can be furthered by joining a local Multi
Academy Trust (MAT).
Therefore, having carefully considered a range of options, each Governing Body has decided to consult simultaneously, with their parents, carers, staff and other stakeholders, on whether each school should become an academy and join the MAT originally formed by Cardinal Hume Catholic School: The Trinity Catholic Multi-Academy Trust. Many of you will already know that Cardinal Hume Catholic School is a local, highly successful, outstanding school.
We are therefore commencing formal consultation today Monday 26th November 2018, for a period of four school weeks the consultation will therefore end at 3pm on Friday 21st December 2018.